Creating Healthy Communities
If your community group, school, worksite, or church would like to join the Coalition or has an idea to create healthier communities in Washington County, please email Sherry Ellem or call 740-374-2782, ext. 3342. We love to hear new ideas and may be able to assist in turning your idea into action!
Vision: Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice
Mission: Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) is committed to preventing and reducing chronic disease statewide. Through cross-sector collaboration, we are activating communities to improve access to and affordability of healthy food and increase opportunities for physical activity where Ohioans live, work and play. By implementing sustainable evidence-based strategies, CHC is creating a culture of health.
You are invited to our Washington County Creating Healthy Communities Coalition held quarterly at Gold Star Park Facility 801 Lancaster St, Marietta, OH 45750
- Thursday, May 21, 2020, 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 20, 2020, 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, November 19, 2020, 8:30 a.m.
Sherry Ellem, Creating Healthy Communities Program Manager
Follow Washington County Creating Healthy Communities on Facebook.
Creating Healthy Community Minutes
2020: February 20 (PDF), May 21 (PDF), August 20 (PDF), November 19 (PDF)
Washington County Creating Healthy Communities 2020 Impact Objectives
- Washington County CHC Coalition (WCCHCC) will increase Policy System & Environmental (PSE) knowledge and skills.
- Washington County priority community will increase the number of adults/youth who have access to places for physical activity as evidenced by an increase in 1 New/Repaired Parks and Playgrounds.
- A jurisdiction within Fort Frye Local School District priority community will implement and/or enforce physical activity policies/practices as evidenced by an increase in 1 Active Transportation (AT) Plan.
- Marietta priority community will increase the number of adults/youth who have access to places for physical activity as evidenced by an increase in 2 Bike Infrastructures.
- Fort Frye Local School District priority community will increase access to healthy food options as evidenced by an increase in 1 Farm-to-Institution.
- Washington County priority community will implement and/or enforce healthy eating policies/practices as evidenced by an increase in 1 Food Service Guideline.
- Marietta priority community will increase access to healthy food options as evidenced by an increase in 1 Food Pantry.
Upcoming Meeting Highlights
Meetings held every 3 months on the third Thursday at 8:30 a.m. If you are unable to attend, please send someone else to represent your community or email updates.
Partners, Links & Affiliates
- Armory Square Marietta
- AVI Foodsystems
- Washington County Behavioral Board
- Belpre Area Ministries
- Belpre Area Multi-Use Trail Committee
- Belpre City Schools
- Brick Insurance Group
- Broughton Foundation
- Buckeye Hills Regional Council
- City of Belpre
- City of Marietta
- Clutch MOV
- Cox Family Pharmacy
- Community Health Improvement Associates
- Decatur Community Association
- Devola Multi-Use Trail
- Fort Frye Wellness
- House of Hope
- Kiwanis Club of Marietta
- Marietta Adventure Company
- Marietta/Belpre City Health Department
- Marietta High School
- Marietta Family YMCA
- Muskingum Township
- Ohio Department of Health
- OSU Extension, Washington County
- O’Neill Center
- Proactive Health Solutions, LLC
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program of Washington County
- The Right Path for Washington County
- River Valley Mountain Bike Association
- University of Charleston School of Pharmacy
- Sisters Health Foundation
- Village of Beverly
- Village of Lowell
- Village of Matamoras
- Western Washington County Seniors
- Washington County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Washington County Career Center
- Washington County Family and Children First
- Washington County Harvest of Hope
- Washington County Health Department
- Washington County Public Library
- 2018 Creating Healthy Communities Success Stories Booklet
- 2018 Creating Healthy Communities Washington County Success Story
- 2019 Coalition Evaluation Results
- Ohio Department of Health Creating Healthy Communities